October 24, 2016 at 10:27 pm · Nate Porter
5 Easy Resistance Band Exercises For Seniors
Overhead Arm Raises for Strong Shoulders and Arms
1. Place one end of your resistance band under your right foot to keep it secure and hold the other end of the band in your right hand.
2. Bend your right arm at the elbow — your elbow should be pointed toward the sky and your right hand behind you.
3. Slowly straighten your right arm, extending your right hand toward the sky.
4. Hold, and slowly lower your right arm.
5. Repeat with the left arm.
Take the Stairs Again with Knee Extension Exercises
1. While sitting on a sturdy chair, tie one end of your resistance band around one ankle and the other end to a secure, heavy object located behind you.
2. Bend your knees at a 90-degree angle.
3. Working one leg at a time, slowly straighten your knee as high as you comfortably can against the resistance of the band.
4. Slowly bend your knee.
5. Relax, and then repeat with the opposite leg.
Strengthen Weak Neck Muscles
1. Wrap your resistance band around the back of your head and hold its ends in front of your face.
2. Bend your elbows.
3. Slowly and gently, extend your arms and stretch the band forward — do not bend your neck.
4. Slowly bend your elbows, and repeat.
Bicep Curls Without the Weights
1. Place the middle of the resistance band under your feet and hold one end of the band tightly in each hand.
2. Let your arms fall to your sides.
3. Beginning one arm at a time, slowly and gently bend at the elbow (keep your wrist straight) and lift your hand toward your shoulder.
4. Slowly unbend that arm.
5. Repeat with the other arm.
Seated Hip Flexion Exercises for Chronic Back Pain
1. While sitting in a chair, wrap a resistance band around the lower thigh of your left leg.
2. Step on the ends of the band with your right foot to keep it in place.
3. With your knee still bent, slowly lift your left foot off the ground.
4. Lift your foot as high as possible, and then hold it.
5. Lower your foot and repeat with the right leg.
Come Join us at Tradition Assisted Living and Memory Care for our morning exercises.
Read more Comments Off on 5 Easy Resistance Band Exercises For Seniors